Friday, September 2, 2011

I'm going to Panama in January, and need your help!

Okay people,

If I haven't put you off yet by talking about death, or random people selling random disgusting things on the internet, or telling you all about C. diff., then consider yourself rad.

I need your help. WE need your help.

This coming January, with a fabulous group from my university, we will be providing medical care to people in Panama. We need donations, not only for us getting there in the first place, but to be able to buy simple things like Tylenol and toothbrushes.

Think about it. Some of these people don't know what a toothbrush is. Doesn't that blow your mind? These families receive medical care twice, maybe three times A YEAR, if they're lucky. And, all of that is provided by groups like ours. They don't have a place to go if they are sick. We have to come to them. Think about how blessed we are to live in this country. Yes, some of us don't have health insurance. But we're still able to find help if we need it.

I believe this is going to be the experience of a lifetime. What an awesome thing to be able to take into my future nursing career. I know I'm going to be surrounded by nothing but love and the knowledge that we were able to really make a difference. I can't wait for that first smile.

So, what do you think? Can you help? Will you help? I'm not asking for a million dollars, only what you might hand over for your McGriddle in the morning. You will have my eternal thanks, because it's YOU who were able to make this dream a reality for so many people.

Thank you in advance. Please forward this to anyone you think might be able to help.

If you want more information on the Medical Brigades, please click this link. And if you're able to be of assistance, please click the "Can you help" links above. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

~Corinne

2 comments:

  1. Consider it done. I'll put some $$ in there once my next check comes through.

    Thank you for doing this. You're such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are a beautiful person, dahling. xoxo Thank you.

    ReplyDelete